Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Madonna Is Looking For (Some) Molly


Madonna is a self-delusional dope who, like the groundhog she is, has to stick her head out a hole every few years to show the world that she's still relevant. This season, she must have seen spring because she hasn't gone back into her hole since the SuperBowl.

So, to prove that she's still relevant, and not the 53-year old quasi-British wannabe old hag hanger on that she truly is, she dropped a new album this year, entitled MDNA, an obvious play on MDMA, the technical name for the drug Ecstasy. She went further by making the album a club / techno / house oriented record, using producers such as William Orbit, Martin Solveig and Benny Benassi, all house and techno type dudes.

Well, when she dropped a comment about MDMA at a recent concert, she was called on it by DJ DeadMau5. Then, the fun began in earnest. Isn't it always fun when stuff gets dropped at raves? (See what I did there?? HA!!)  TMZ reports:

Madonna says DeadMau5 is DeadWrong ... claiming she was NOT promoting drug use at a concert in Florida ... despite allegations she used her stage time to glamorize the drug ecstasy.

Deadmau5 -- one of the most famous DJs in the world -- had attacked Madonna as a "f**king idiot" for asking the crowd at the Ultra Music Festival if anyone has "seen Molly" -- Molly is a slang term for the active ingredient in ecstasy.

Now, Madge is lashing back ... with a pair of mouse ears.

The Material Girl posted a photo of herself in Mickey Mouse gear ... with the caption, "From one mouse to another I dont support drug use and i never have. I was referring to the song called "Have You Seen Molly" written by my friend Cedric Gervais who I almost worked with on my album."

Deadmau5 saw the tweet and replied ... saying, "Fair enough, I was just voicing my concerns as I usually do. +1 respect for clearing it up personally ... regardless, just be a little more aware of what you should represent at EDM events, and I'll watch my mouth."

Madge replied ... "Communication is always best. You should have called me first, we could have cleared it up 'privately.' ;) See you on the road."


What the hell ever. The only thing this stupid song says is "Help me find Molly," "Molly makes me want to dance," and just about every other "Mary Jane" influenced innuendo you can throw into a crappy 8-minute techno song. DeadMau5 (correctly) calls out Madonna for a flippant use of a terminology of a drug that has resulted in numerous deaths and hospitalizations over the the last few years at underground parties and raves, and DeadMau5 folded like a worn out futon when the Queen weakly counters his call out. Not that I had any respect for techno music anyway, but both of these artist should go looking for Molly and never come back. Oh, that wasn't me saying they should both OD on Ecstasy. Honestly, I didn't mean that at all. I was talking about Molly Ringwald. Yeah, that's it. Loved her in "16 Candles."

Here's the song "Help Me Find Molly":




No comments:

Post a Comment