Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chris Rock Attacks Cameraman About Tea Party Comments


"I don't get high, but sometimes I wish I did. That way, when I messed up in life I would have an excuse. But right now there's no rehab for stupidity."
  -Old Chris Rock Quote

There's a right way to deal with stuff, and a wrong way to deal. And then I guess, there's there's the Chris Rock way. When asked by author/reporter Jason Mattera about a comment he made about Tea Party people being racist in Esquire magazine last year, he went off, and attacked the author's cameraman. Now, some of you may think that Chris Rock had a right, and a camera shouldn't have been anywhere near him. And you may have been right...if he hadn't been a big star at a major film festival where (guess what??) they have CAMERAS. So that doesn't play with me here.

And considering this happened two months ago, Rock has had plenty of time to prepare for the crapfest that's about to ensue. Seriously. So don't cry for him, Argentina.

It's not the first time Chris Rock has flipped out on his political stances. Back in 2007, he went off with a obscenity-laced introduction of the Red Hot Chili Peppers that had to be censored by the BBC during a Live Earth concert. The promoters apologized for the rant, but Rock didn't recant, saying later, “I like to say those things. It’s not good weed if you don’t choke”.

The comic also delivered a further verbal two-finger to the event by quipping, “I think this will do for global warming what Live 8 did for ending world hunger.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment